Welcome to the 2017 Sugar Land Sharks!
This is the place where you register for the 2017 season.
The Sharks are a recreational swim team that requires all swimmers be able to swim 25 meters without assistance to join the team. The Sharks do not provide "learn-to-swim" or swimming lessons.
The fee is $100 per swimmer and includes a free custom shirt, trophy, and great coaching for the summer season.
2017 Sharks Practice and Meet Schedule: CLICK HERE
For any problems with registration, email: SugarLandSharks@gmail.com
At least one parent/guardian registration is required.
New accounts will be sent an email confirmation message with instructions
to setup a password.
Please indicate which parents will be volunteering this season.
At least one parent/guardian is required to volunteer.
At least one parent/guardian email address must be provided.
Check the boxes to indicate which parent/guardians should receive team-wide emails.
Enter the information for each
being registered below.
At least one
registration is required.
District Of Columbia
Zip/Postal Code *
What is your cell phone number for Team text messages? Without this information, you may not get timely notifcation of practice changes, meet changes/updates, and other critical information. We are using Remind (formerly Remind 101), the same trusted text service used by the majority of teachers.
All swimmers receive a personalized trophy at season's end. If you do not wish to have a trophy, we will honor that request. Please specify here.
For every family that brings a new $250 or more value sponsor to the Sharks this season, each swimmer in that family will receive a custom Sharks swim towel that is NOT available for sale - custom with logo! The Sharks are volunteer run and depend on sponsors to keep the team running and swimmer prices low. We appreciate your help if you can! Your answer here doesn't obligate you in ANY way, we just want to gather feedback!
City of Sugar Land Facility:
understand that the City of Sugar Land is not responsible or liable for my
child while he/she is at the pool during swim team activities. I will not hold
the Sugar Land Sharks Swim Team or personnel thereof responsible for, or liable
for any illness, accident or loss of property incurred while my child is
participating in swim team activities.
Southwest Houston Recreational Swim League:
For any Adult or Minor in consideration of being allowed to participate in the Southwest Houston Recreational Swim League
(hereinafter SHRSL) swimming program (in any manner, including the Sugar Land Sharks Swim Team as an member team of the SHRSL incorporated herein) and related events and activities, the undersigned:
1. Agree that prior to participating, they each will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if they believe anything is unsafe, they will immediately advise their coach or supervisor of such condition and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result from their own actions, inaction, or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used.
Further, there may be risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue SHRSL, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other members of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the events, all of which are hereinafter referred to as Released Parties, from demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise.
5. Agree to abide by all UIL/SHRSL rules and regulations governing coaches and UIL participation.
Parents are an essential element in operating our swim team! We need ALL parents to participate. Relatives and friends are always welcome to help out and/or substitute when parents have conflicts. When you volunteer, please be reliable and on time! Find a replacement if you cannot be there. Remember, when a volunteer does not show up, meets are delayed and already overworked parents have to pick up your slack. Expect reminder calls before each meet in which you volunteer.
SHARK PARENTS ARE THE BEST!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE SWIMMERS! THEY ARE THE PARENTS OF THE FUTURE.
We require that each family provide a $200 "Volunteer Encouragement" check at the time of try outs / first swimming of the season. A receipt will be given for your records. This check will be held by the team Treasurer and will not be cashed unless the minimum requirement for Family Volunteering is not met. The minimum requirement is working at least 6 halves of a meet (or three full meets) during the season.
I understand that if I do not meet the minimum volunteer requirement of 6 halves of a meet, my $200 check (volunteer deposit) will not be returned to me and will be deposited at the end of the Season.
If the requirements are met, this check will be securely shredded by the team Treasurer and no funds will be deposited.
I have received a copy of, read, understand, and have
explained to my child, the Sugar Land Sharks Behavior Policy (online).
There will be no refunds after May 15th, 2017 for your fees. After May 15th, the Sharks are committed to certain costs including insurance, city fees, and staffing.