Welcome to the 2019 Sugar Land Sharks!
This is the place where you register for the 2019 season.
The Sharks are a recreational swim team that requires all swimmers be able to swim 25 meters without assistance to join the team. The Sharks do not provide "learn-to-swim" or swimming lessons.
The fees are $115 for the first swimmer, $110 for the second swimmer, and $100 for each additional swimmer and include a free custom shirt, trophy, and great coaching for the summer season.
2019 Sharks Practice and Meet Schedule: Click HERE
For any problems with registration, email: SugarLandSharks@gmail.com
At least one parent/guardian registration is required.
New accounts will be sent an email confirmation message with instructions
to setup a password.
Please indicate which parents will be volunteering this season.
At least one parent/guardian is required to volunteer.
At least one parent/guardian email address must be provided.
Check the boxes to indicate which parent/guardians should receive team-wide emails.
Enter the information for each
being registered below.
At least one
registration is required.
District Of Columbia
Zip/Postal Code *
What is your cell phone number for Team text messages? Without this information, you may not get timely notifcation of practice changes, meet changes/updates, and other critical information. We are using Remind (formerly Remind 101), the same trusted text service used by the majority of teachers.
For every family that brings a new $250 or more value sponsor to the Sharks this season, each swimmer in that family will receive a customized Sharks gift that is NOT available for sale - custom with logo! The Sharks are volunteer run and depend on sponsors to keep the team running and swimmer prices low. We appreciate your help if you can! Your answer here doesn't obligate you in ANY way, we just want to gather feedback!
There will be no refunds after May 6th, 2019 for your fees. After May 6th, the Sharks are committed to certain costs including insurance, city fees, and staffing.
I have reviewed the Sharks Volunteer Descriptions and have thought about the selections I will make. I am responsible for understanding the volunteer roles I apply for and am willing to participate in any needed training for those roles. The next section talks about the required volunteer commitment.
Volunteer Descriptions are listed HERE .
Parents are an essential element in operating our swim team! We need ALL parents to participate. Relatives and friends are always welcome to help out and/or substitute when parents have conflicts. When you volunteer, please be reliable and on time! Find a replacement if you cannot be there. Remember, when a volunteer does not show up, meets are delayed and already overworked parents have to pick up your slack. Expect reminder calls before each meet in which you volunteer.
SHARK FAMILIES ARE THE BEST! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE SWIMMERS! THEY ARE THE LEADERS OF THE FUTURE.
We require that each family provide a $200 "Volunteer Encouragement" credit or debit card authorization at the time of enrollment. A receipt will be given for your records. This authorization will ONLY be submitted as an actual charge IF the minimum requirement for Family Volunteering is not met. The minimum requirement is working at least 6 halves of a meet (or three full meets) during the season.
I understand that if I do not meet the minimum volunteer requirement of 6 halves of a meet, my $200 volunteer deposit will be processed and charged to the card you used to sign up with the team.
What this means is that your credit card or debit card will be authorized today for the swim team fee for each athlete ($115, $110, $100 for the 1st three swimmers and so on) PLUS one $200 fee as a pending authorization only (NOT a charge).
This additional $200 will NOT charge to the card unless you don't meet your volunteer requirements by the end of the last meet. You MUST have the additional $200 available to authorize in order to register - the additional $200 authorization will drop off in about a week and will NOT be charged unless the team requirements are not met. We do this to avoid collecting CASH or CHECK for $200 in advance.
Please contact the team as soon as possible at this email address if you have any concerns:
Two Swimmers > $115 + $110 = $225 Fee
Volunteer Deposit = one $200 authorization per family
At check out, your card is authorized for a total of $425, BUT only $225 will post to your card. The additional $200 authorization amount will drop off in a week and free those funds again.
Southwest Houston Recreational Swim League:
For any Adult or Minor in consideration of being allowed to participate in the Southwest Houston Recreational Swim League
(hereinafter SHRSL) swimming program (in any manner, including the Sugar Land Sharks Swim Team as a member team of the SHRSL incorporated herein) and related events and activities, the undersigned:
1. Agree that prior to participating, they each will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if they believe anything is unsafe, they will immediately advise their coach or supervisor of such condition and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result from their own actions, inaction, or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used.
Further, there may be risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue SHRSL, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other members of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the events, all of which are hereinafter referred to as Released Parties, from demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise.
5. Agree to abide by all UIL/SHRSL rules and regulations governing coaches and UIL participation.
City of Sugar Land Facility:
I understand that the City of Sugar Land is not responsible or liable for my child while he/she is at the pool during swim team activities. I will not hold the Sugar Land Sharks Swim Team or personnel thereof responsible for, or liable for any illness, accident or loss of property incurred while my child is participating in swim team activities.
I have received a copy of, read, understand, and have explained to my child, the Sugar Land Sharks Behavior Policy (online). View Sharks Team Handbook HERE.